Who is Dr. Hoffman?
MSc, MBChB, FAARFM, IFMCP
Bruce Hoffman did not choose the Medical Arts as a vocation. Originally, he wanted to be a writer and poet. His interest in health and healing developed later in life, after a long and winding road of self-discovery, life experience, and learning. He only applied to medical school, so he could complete a residency in psychiatry and subsequently study Jungian analysis to understand the human condition and behavior. As life would have it, his destiny took him on a different journey. He never did formally pursue a psychiatry residency or Jungian Analytic Training, but his love for art, poetry, and psychology remain.
Dr. Hoffman was born and educated in South Africa and obtained his medical degree from the University of Cape Town. After two years of compulsory military training, his distaste for the local regime convinced him to emigrate to Canada in 1986 where he pursued family medical practice in rural Saskatchewan, Canada.
Once ensconced in the practice of family medicine, he quickly realized that his interests in medicine were broader than just drugs and surgery. The allopathic medical practice was limited to treating symptoms and illnesses but failed short in restoring the patient’s health entirely.
Bruce embarked on a journey to understand what constitutes the human experience, what are the triggers and mediators that perpetuate human suffering. He wanted to assist his patients not only to be free of disease but to realize their maximal potential.
The Mind/Body Connection
He studied Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture, Ayurvedic Medicine, Homeopathy, Functional Medicine, German Biological Medicine with Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt, Md. PhD, Anti-Aging Medicine with A4M (American Academy Anti-Aging Medicine, The Demartini Method with Dr. John Demartini, Family Constellation Therapy, Prolotherapy and Neural Therapy, Jungian Psychotherapy, Deep Tissue bodywork (Hellerwork), and meditation with Deepak Chopra and John Kabat-Zinn.
Later on, Dr. Hoffman became interested in many aspects of Ken Wilber’s Integral Theory of health and healing which inspired him to develop his roadmap, The Seven Stages to Health and Transformation™.
- Dr. Hoffman is a certified Functional Medicine practitioner (IFM).
- Dr. Hoffman is board certified in Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine (A4M)
- Dr. Hoffman is a certified Dr. Shoemaker Mold Treatment Protocol Practitioner which falls under the umbrella of Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (CIRS). At present, Dr. Hoffman is the only Canadian medical doctor trained and qualified in CIRS approach to chronic illness.
- Dr. Hoffman completed training in the treatment of Lyme disease and other tick-borne co-infections (ILADS)
- Dr. Hoffman is the medical director of the Brain Treatment Centre of Alberta, utilizing QEEG and neuro and biofeedback practices to treat brain disorders
- 2011 – Master’s Degree in Nutrition and Metabolic Medicine – University of South Florida
- 2011 – Prolotherapy Training – Hackett Hemwall Foundation
- 2010 – Family Constellation Training with Mark Wolynn
- 2008 – Fellowship in Anti-Aging, Functional and Regenerative Medicine
- 2008 – Board Certification Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine
- 2006 – Prolotherapy Training – Madison, Wisconsin
- 2005 – Defeat Autism Now Training – Long Beach, California
- 2005 – Family Constellation Certification – Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt
- 2004 – Neural Therapy Training – Dr. Klinghardt, Seattle
- 2003 – Functional Medicine Training – Gig Harbor Washington
- 2003 – Certified Ayurvedic Practitioner – Bastyr Naturopathic University
- 1998 – Primordial Sound Meditation Instructor – Chopra Centre
- 1998 – Creating Health Educator – Chopra Centre
- 1995 – Magic of Healing Educator – Chopra Center -1-year training
- 1993 – Acupuncture with Dr. Stephen Aung – Edmonton – 1year training
- 1993 – American Board of Chelation Therapy ACAM
- 1993 – Traditional Chinese Medicine & Herbology – 1 ½ year training
- 1992 – Hellerwork Structural Integration Bodywork – 1-year training
- 1990 – American Academy of Medical Acupuncture – 1-year training
- 1981 – MBCHB – Medical Degree from the University of Cape Town (UCT), South Africa